Ljubljana is a charming small city and if you want to get the best overview of main city attractions it is perfect to be explored by bike.
In this way you can easily ride off the beaten tourist tracks and find amazing places, normally visited just by the locals.
We offer you to explore the best attractions that the city has to offer.
Sights included in the 3h tour Ljubljana City Bike Tour:
All together offers You a great overview of the city:
Dragon Bridge, Central Market, St. Nicholas Cathedral, City Square with Town Hall and Robba Fountain, Old Square, Cobbler`s /Shoemaker`s bridge, Prešeren Square, National Gallery, Slovenian National Theatre - Opera and Ballet of Ljubljana, old Roman wall, Krakovo District, Square of French Revolution, National University Library, Trnovo Beach, Tivoli Park, Congress Square, Slovenian national assembly, Metelkova alternative center, Špica and much more.
(Note: we could upgrade the tour according to Your wishes - Please let us know if there are some)
- You could do the sightseeing on the Ljubljana city bike tour all year round if the weather permits it. The best period for this Ljubljana activity late spring, summer, early autumn - for more details check blog when to visit Ljubljana.
- We could start the tour according to Your wishes.
- Normally the tour lasts for 3h or we can adjust it according to Your wishes.
General information about the 3 h Ljubljana City Bike Tour:
- Distance: Approximately 13 km.
- Terrain configuration: Mostly flat-40 m elevation gain and loss through all the tour.
- Difficulty: Easy cycling, estimated time of cycling-3h.
- Gear: During the late autumn, winter and early spring beside everything else take with You gloves and during winter scarf or buff and hat. During the summer beside the rest have with You sun protection and water.
Price and payment
35 €/person for private tours (Minimum 3 participants) (In case of only 1 or 2 participants, on a private tour, the minimum charge is 105€/private tour.) For Payment options check FAQ:
Ljubljana City Bike Tour includes:
- Organizing and guiding 3h sightseeing tour of main attractions in the city center and surroundings,
- experienced, licensed, English speaking local guide,
- bike rental for the tour,
- final in Tivoli Park great for socializing-with Slovenian beer or soft drink-1 per person,
- picture of the tour.
Note: In Slovenia helmets for cyclists are not obligated so we do not provide them (if You prefer to have helmets we could help You to rent them).
How difficult is the cycling?
Terrain configuration is mostly flat - 40 m elevation gain and loss through all the tour therefore - easy cycling.
- Before Your tour on our Tour Agency business bank account-direct or via Pay Pal,
- After Your tour with bank card, phone or in cash (€).
Slovenia is the only country in Europe that has all four listed geographic units!
Each unit has different landscape, climate, flora & fauna, history & cultural background, traditional food, architecture, character and life style of its inhabitants and we could continue with listing.
Like we mentioned geographical factors are having huge influence so it would be interesting to learn with who we are sharing this four big European geographic units:
- Alps (Slovenia, Austria, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, France),
- Adriatic/Mediterranean (Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Montenegro, Albania),
- Pannonian Basin (Slovenia, Hungary, Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Slovakia, Romania),
- Balkan peninsula/Dinaric Alps (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosna&Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Albania, Kosovo)